|Church Council Job Description|
Church Council Member
The Church Council is the executive agency of the Charge Conference.
The Charge Conference shall have general oversight of the administration and program of the local church in pursuing the primary mission of the local church.
1. Planning and implementing a program of nurture, outreach, and witness for persons and families within and without the congregation.
2. Providing for effective pastoral and lay leadership.
3. Providing for financial support, physical facilities, and the legal obligations of the church.
4. Ensuring relationships of the local church organizations to appropriate district and Annual Conference structures and programs.
Responsibilities of the Board
1. Initiate planning
2. Establish objectives
3. Adopt goals
4. Authorize action
5. Determine policy
6. Receive reports
7. Evaluate the church's ministries
8. Review the mission and ministry of the church.
Responsibilities of a Member
1. Regular attendance of monthly meetings
2. Regular attendance in worship
3. Vote on the matters brought before the board.
4. Attend and vote at Charge/All Church Conferences
5. Term of Office - Three years (unless otherwise noted)
Saturday Night Alive!
5:00pm Praise Service
Hope United Methodist Church
16550 Bernardo Heights Pkwy.
San Diego, CA, 92128
Saturday-Sunday, Nov. 28-29
Sunday, Nov. 29 at 5pm
Saturday, Dec. 5, 9-11am
Friday, Dec. 11 at 7:30pm
Saturday, Dec. 12 at 5pm
Sunday, Dec. 13 at 3pm
Tuesday, Dec. 15 at 7pm
Thursday, Dec. 24
5pm, 7:30pm 10pm